A Trauma informed, evidence based Social Work practice.
Serving the Capital District for more than 30 years.
Dr. Cervera is a licensed New York State Psychotherapist, who received his doctorate from New York
University. He has been in private practice for more than 30 years. In addition, he is a Research Assistant Professor Emeritus in the School of Social Welfare at the University at
Albany. He is a specialist in the areas of Infertility Therapy, Adoption Therapy, Stress Therapy
and Child and Family issues.
Area of Specialization include:
- DWI evaluations and U.S. DOT SAP evaluations
Infertility and Adoption issues
- Depression and anxiety
- Relationship and communication problems
- Coping with life transitions such as divorce, remarriage or alternate lifestyles
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Child/adolescent and parent problems
- Addiction treatment for alcohol, substances and online pornography
Dr. Cervera is a lifelong resident of the Capital Region in Albany, NY and he has spent many years
contributing to the community here. Please feel free to contact him regarding specific therapy issues,
questions or for general information regarding infertility, depression, stress, or other areas of
general mental health.
COPYRIGHT 2014 By Dr. Neil Cervera--ALL RIGHTS RESERVED